You need not to worry, but better be cautious about this covid-19 virus, avoid at least 14 days not to go out with your family unless very important.
According to the CDC, Corona-virus can live on a solid surface up to 4 days. Some medical experts through published reports have been suggesting that some viruses can live up to 9 days on a solid surface. This does not factor in the sun. Sunlight, or UV radiation can actually kill viruses in minutes under direct full sunlight exposure. Most newer vehicles have some form of UV protection in their glass, even on clear glass, there is still UV rays hitting the inside of your vehicle killing virus. Factor in the minimum of 14 days quarantine time, when you are cleared to leave your house there is no virus left alive in your car.
Main Vehicle Hot Spots you need to clean it out.
- Key and remote fob
- Exterior door handles, both sides
- Trunk lid or lift gate grab area
- Interior door pull, both sides
- Start button, if equipped
- Rear view mirror, back and edges
- Gear selector
- Center stack knobs, buttons and screen
- Seat belt and buckle (avoid harsh cleaners on the belt itself, lest they degrade the fibers and the belt’s strength)
- Parking brake release
- Steering Wheel
Note: Strongly advice against using any type of bleach or hydrogen peroxide on the vehicle’s interior. Both chemicals will put an end to the corona-virus germs, but they will also cause damage to the vinyl and plastics used in most modern vehicles today.
For interior Hot spots
- Alcohol wet wipes (Cleaning wipes that contain sodium hypochlorite)
- Alcohol Pads
For Air Vents
- Sanitize spray (Contains triethylene glycol to kill germs and viruses)
For Glass Windows & Screen
- Use Electronic Wipes (Great for cleaning screens, but not anti-microbial, Screen cleaning wipes whose only anti-microbial function is physical).
In case you don’t have anything above listed Material
If you’re low on cleaning supplies, soap and water are also a safe bet for most surfaces. But no matter what you use, a gentle touch is recommended.
What you should know about the products that can clean your vehicle?
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, because of the virus’s poor survivability on surfaces, there is a very low risk from products packaged and shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. There is currently no evidence of COVID-19 transmission by the receipt of imported goods, nor are there any cases of the corona virus in the U.S. through such imported goods.